<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, June 18, 2004

And, now for something completely NON political:
While websurfing today, I found out that UNC offers a second (or "add-on") TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) license!
This means that without declaring myself a TESL masters student, I can obtain the qualifications necessary to teach ESL in the public schools. YEA!
Many of you may know that I was in a similar program at Hamline this fall, but dropped out when Steve proposed because I knew I wouldn't be able to finish the program.
This program, it looks like, is shorter than the Hamline version, and if the two classes I took at Hamline transfer, I only have to take 4 more classes. Easily done.
I'm very excited. If I don't get a teaching job (it's becoming quite late to be applying) and have to settle for a "regular" (9 to 5) job, this program may keep me from becoming too stir-crazy. In addition, it'll become VERY easy to find a job the next year, as TESL is in high-demand.
I'm very excited. I've even started thinking like a linguist. Here's an example. When someone says, "Good luck," what do you say in return: "Thanks, I could use it." or "Thanks, I can use it." and, why? Does one sound "off" to you, or do they both sound acceptable? Which one? -- I'm curious about this, I have my theories, and I want to see what you think. So, if you happened to browse your way to this blog for any reason, please drop me a comment and let me know. Plus, I want to know who has found this blog or checks it at all. So, PLEASE, HELP ME FEEL LOVED, LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS!!!
Thanks!
Laura

Comments:
I'm feeling unloved. No one has left a comment.
Oh wait, I published 30 seconds ago.
Okay, learning patience now..
 
I love you.
Oh wait, we were not supposed to flirt on the blog.
Ummmm....
I'll bet "someone" loves you...
 
Tim, interesting. That's sort of what I thought too. Yet, the person didn't say "I wish you good luck" they just said "good luck." Native speakers, I'm guessing, assume/know that the luck is WISHED, not given. If that makes sense.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?