<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, June 25, 2004

Dragging The Friends Along

Laura and I are both quite excited about going to NC, of course, but leaving friends and family behind is, of course, not all that agreeable. For this reason we were very happy to find that Laura's good friend, Liz, was also moving to Chapel Hill (the kind of coincidence which is more astounding the more you think about it). With this great success, Laura and I have gone about trying to convince others to move down there as well. Laura's old roommate Julia is looking promising, as she has considered a job in the area, and my sister, Dorothy, was tempted but, alas, said no.

Today however, I opened a new front when found out my good friend Luke was considering applying to Duke for next year, to study philosophy. This would be great as they are only 10 minutes or so from Chapel Hill, and I tried to convince him that he should try for both Duke and UNC-Chapel Hill just to be safe. So the Evangelism continues. Wish us luck.

Comments:
You have to plan a little further ahead if you want me to continue school in NC. Once again, the school invite has happened nearly immediately after I have been accepted and agreed to attend another school. Good news! I will be moving down to Iowa. Okay, that statement can be taken two ways. I wish the both of you the best of luck, and the best in NC. I will miss having you around, even though the meetings have become few and far between. Whatever you do, don't lose touch!
 
We totally know that that is like--not with the moving but with so many other things. All the guys we know in our main circle of friends are into having home foundaries and melting metal, of all the weird things.

Our friends the Magnums live in NC so we will definatly be there for visits to see you two as well :)

~Shawna
 
Cool! You better. :) We have an uncomfortable futon and an old hide-a-bed love seat to offer any guests. :)
 
We will have to make it sometime soon, before things change to us a little too much :)

Am I right in that there is main family in IL for Laura? In Rockford? Because Phil's parents live in Elgin and that could make for a fun holiday quick get together.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?