<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, July 16, 2004

Moving Along
Steve's been blogging on his other site, so I guess it's my job to keep y'all updated.
 
Today is my last day of work!  4 more hours left, and I'm unemployed.  (Yep, that's right, still no job in NC.  Steve & others have said it'll be easy to get one once I get there, I hope they're right, and I hope I don't get discouraged by the whole process.  I've found it can be quite discouraging.  I'd appreciate prayers in this area.  It'll be one of the toughest things about moving.)
 
Leaving work might be a bit harder than anticipated.  I'm not terribly tight with any of my fellow coworkers, but I work for 4 people with disabilities, none of whom can speak more than a few words.  I know my coworkers won't miss me much, or if at all, not long term.  It's hard, though, to know how much or if "the guys" will miss me.  As a result, I wasn't prepared for the following:  Yesterday, as I was saying "goodnight" to one of the guys (they had a goodbye party for me yesterday) he got the HUGEST pouty face I'd ever seen.  (I'd turned to say something to another staff, so I didn't notice it at first, but when I turned around, he was most displeased.)  I told him it was okay, he'd see me tomorrow (today) and then it'd only be a week before he saw me again (at my wedding) so it wasn't like I was disappearing off the face of the earth or anything.  As I talked his pout turned into a neutral face, then a smile, then giggles and animated gestures (his way of telling me he's really glad about something).   Enough to make your heart melt!  (It didn't help that he's one of my "favorites" at work, so it was already going to be tough for me to leave him.)  It's got to be tough for these guys, people come in and out of thier lives so often.  It's really not fair.  It isn't so bad when thier family is really involved in their lives, but this guy hasn't seen his family for over a decade.
 
Warning, abrupt change in conversation.  From sad to happy in three, two, one...
8 days until :)  Yesterday we FINALLY applied for our marriage licence.  The day before I FINALLY got my wedding band in to be sized and um... what's the word... welded?  no, that's not it, but I can't remember the technical term, so that will have to do... welded to my engagement band.  So, I have no engagement ring until Tuesday, and even then I probably shouldn't wear it until the actual day because it'll look like I'm married.  I think I'll still wear it, just on my right hand instead.  :)
 
We'll get our license and bands back on Tuesday.  Does that mean we can get married that day?  It's my brother's anniversary.  It'd be fun! 
 
Well, I should get started with MY day.
 
Toodles, friends and random websurfers!
 

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?