<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, July 12, 2004

Weddings
Well, we just finished our first weekend of weddings. Since we're moving, and Tim decided to get married in his home state, far from us (silly), we'll only have two weekends of weddings, but it still seems like a lot. (Maybe because one is our own.)

On Saturday my cousin got married. It was a bit wierd for a couple of reasons. First off, the only bridesmaid (besides the maid of honor) was a girl that I knew from college, but did not know knew my cousin's bride. Secondly, and most oddly, they were walking down the aisle at the same church, at about the same time, with the same color scheme, as we will be two weeks from the day. It was like pre-deja-vous, if such a thing exists.

On Sunday Steve's debate partner, Terilyn, got married. Steve was priviledged to be a part of the wedding, so early that morning (8 am) he picked me up from work (yes, I was insane and worked Sat. night/Sunday morning) and we drove 3 hours down to her home town. The wedding was beautiful, and featured a "high tea," complete with digestive biscuts. Anyone who has ever been to England would have appreciated the choice of reception. We ended up getting back to our hometown around 11:30 pm.

On Monday I slept in. Steve tormented his mother. Her story is this: She had just gotten back from a long trip to MI to visit her relatives. She got home last night, and was just starting to feel settled this morning when Steve came down and said, "12 days mom." At which time she got a shocked look on her face and said, "12 days?! (gasp)" or something of the sort. Steve, being ever so sensitive, continued to taunt, "12 days, 12 days, 12 days!" His mother spent much of the rest of the morning planning a rehersal dinner. I don't think she really ever felt settled today, after all.

For my part, when I woke up, I visited Steve for a short period, hung out with Neal, played cards, and played frisbee. Totally relaxed, enjoying the fact the wedding was so close. That was, until I realized the wedding was so close. Mid-afternoon the amount of work to be done suddenly hit, and I had a minature melt-down at Steve's feet. I am truely blessed to have him as my man. He was quite understanding and very supportive, despite less-than-elegant way of expressing my stress and frustration. I love that man.

I think tomorrow I'll run away for the day. Perhaps he'll come with me.

A dozen days left of
-Bliss

Comments:
He he he... Wow, you sound pumped!!! :) Oh, I totally remember that feeling... So glad you are happy and excited and (hopefully not too) stressed. Steve's a lucky guy to have such a cool chick marrying him. :) I mean, how many girls can intelligently discuss world history, shakespeare, and Russian adverbs?? :> He he he...

Wish I could be there for your big day... I have a feeling it's going to be incredible. :)

So, you asked on my site if I enjoyed the giver! I did, it was very interesting. I've been noodling it for the last few days. I've got to teach it this year (8th grade english), so I'm contemplating projects and papers, etc. But apart from that, I think it's really a thought-provoking concept. I can see what the author is trying to communicate, and the discussion she's trying to start. Good stuff. Didn't really love the ending, but I think I get why she did it that way. Did you read the "companion" book? Don't think I'll have time for awhile, but it sounds good.

Anyway, congrats on 12 days (less than that now, eh?), and hope you had that day away. Always good to take a break from RL. (real life. :> ) -em
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?