<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, August 02, 2004

Church Search Episode One: George C. Scott, University Baptist

We did our first church visit yesterday, and were treated to a melodramatic George C. Scott impersonator (The Christmas Carol, Patton). He was great. Good sermon though, he talked about materialism and stuff, and he was good enough even to make me feel a little guilty, and I make $11,500 a year. So I give the preaching a 7 out of 10.

The music was pretty good, helped by the pipe organ and choir, and earns a 8 out of 10.

And just to round off the experience the pews were padded, which is a significant plus, though if I sat up in them, they cut off circulation to much of my legs, forcing me into a semi-permenant slouch position. And that can not be good for my posture, so the pews come out to a 6 out of 10.

Overall it was a positive experience, we may go back eventually.

Comments:
Do my eyes deceive me? Are Steve and Laura going to a Baptist church? I thought ya'll were free? :)

I couldn't tell, but my guess is that UBC-Chapel Hill is Cooperative Baptist? Oh, wait, it is. I didn't think ya'll would go to an SBC church. There is a list of other CBF churches at:
http://www.thefellowship.info/churchLink.aspx

Dr. D.
 
Grading a church--so funny :)

don't forget to venture over to Live Journal. I haven't made my posts public so you will have to get an account. Of course that way you wouldn't have to post anon. comments, which bug me.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?