<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, August 02, 2004

We Survived Our First Hurricane
I called my grandma (in MN) today. She asked how the hurricane was treating us. The nice thing about having really slow dial-up internet and no (okay, I'll be fair, HALF) a channel on your t.v. set (it comes in fuzzy and I'm not sure you can really hear what people are saying) is that it's really easy to have NO CLUE what's going on in the real world.

Apparently there's a hurricane off the coast of NC. That's sweet. I had no clue. For those who have wondered, though, we're far enough in-land that it's not hitting us, really. It rained today, and the front was in a sort of half-circle shape coming from the east. I'm guessing that it was the edge of said hurricane. We were outside at a restaurant that seats people on the top of the building. So we were in a prime spot to experience the hurricane in all its wonder. All 15 minutes of it. :)

In other news: Steve survived his first day of grad school, where he spent three hours listening to someone summarize the "easy" math. (Which, incidently, goes about as far as I've ever gone in math. I told Steve to remember to add + C when solving integrals. He didn't need to know that, but it made me feel good because it's the last time I'll be able to even ACT like I know what's going on when he's doing his homework.) That's where my math knowledge ends. Tomorrow he hits linear algebra and I'll be unable to help him. (sigh)
The fun begins!

Hope you're all doing well! Leave me notes here or e-mail me so I can know what's going on in all your lives!
-Laura

Comments:
My friend Candice told me that the hurricane was not really bad at all :)
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?