<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, September 10, 2004

Life
Sorry for the lack of posts! My ("our" now) parents have been visiting us for the last week or so, which has greatly cut down on the amout of free time I've had to blog.

Short update:
We can watch TV!! Dad and Steve went out and bought us an antenna (I prodded them with "it'll be a bonding experience," which neither of them bought) Now we have TWO STATIONS! PBS, and one other. PBS comes in clearly, so Steve gets his news hour, and the other station comes in slightly fuzzy, but it does in a pinch when I want cheap entertainment that requires no brain cells.
Liz, mom, and I had more important things to do that day: hitting the near by mall (they're VERY cool down here, because they're half in-doors, and half out-doors, and really pretty. Not something you'd get in MN). We bought us a mantle for our fire place and a couple of other necessities (like DISHES!!! Thanks mom and dad! Now we can throw out our plastic plates!)

Sylvan is treating me well. Funny work story of the blog:
Several days ago, one of my 4th grade students looked at me mid session, and asked me about my midwestern accent. "Are you from England?" she asked. "No, I talk different because I'm from Minnesota. Do you know where Minnesota is?" [shook her head] "Do you know where Canada is?" (thinking LARGE geographical references) "No, I haven't been to any foriegn countries."

Hm... geography... a good thing to know.
That's life.

Question o' the blog:
Do you remember a time when you did not know where Canada was? "discuss amongst yourselves"

Comments:
There was never a time where I didn't know where Canada was. I grew up in Alaska where we refer to the rest of the states as the 'lower 48s'. I have most of the states memorized though I will admit I get Alabama and Mississippi confused on a map. I thought it was hilarious when I could name all the states around Minnesota in History for the Human Evironment and a whole bunch of people in the class couldn't... I mean what is that?? It makes me sad... geography is so fun!!

10lees
 
I don't recall not knowing where Canada is. It's kinda big and hard to miss. You must not hear any Canadian jokes in North Carolina.
-Ashley
 
Nah, I think I pretty much always knew it (or did once I even began to know of things like countries and states). It's kinda hard not to living in Minnesota, since it's on the border and all.

*shakes head* Darn southerners. When will they ever learn? ;)

--Neal
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?