<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Signs That I am Beyond Hope
Number 1: Algebraic Manipulation On the Bus

Last night I experienced a moment of triumph, which upon reflection was a milestone in my journey into eccentricity:

After working for a couple of hours on a particularly nasty econometrics excersize which had most of our class baffled, I decided I needed to head home at 7:40pm or so and headed for the bus with means, standard deviations and normal distributions dancing in my head. After turning the problem over in my head for about 20 minutes, I got a flash of brilliance. This is how I found myself tearing paper out of my portfolio in my backpack, and scribbling sigma's mu's and other random symbols madley onto paper in public.

Fortunately the other passengers did not seem to care, they are probably used to such behavior in this town, but alas, for me it was a first. I recognize that it will most likely not be an isolated incident, given the concentration this work seems to require. You all may some day be saying "I knew him when he was an ordinary nerd, not a 'head in the clouds academic' like he is now."

On the plus side, I got the problem correct. Completely correct. The only correct response to which is: Boo Yah!

Comments:
Thanks for making all of us smile, Steve!

-Jake Tews(a friend of Katie's who is probably beyond recollection in a mind currently overflowing with the joys of economics, given the *maybe* two times we've met... :) )
 
I do remember you, Jake, and the performance the quartet gave us in our living room last year.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
What Steve didn't mention is that he is one of TWO in his class that got this right. And the other guy is undoubtedly MUCH nerd-ified than my dear husband.
 
Boo Yah? Boo Yah...

Please elucidate for this linguistic antiquarian...
 
You Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Steve!!!!!!!!!!

Love Dorothy
 
How wonderfully geeky of you. :P
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?