<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, November 26, 2004

Holidays for McMullens

It's been a while since I've blogged just because, quite frankly, I've found nothing of note to blog about. But it occurs to me that some out there might just want to hear the mundane. So here it is.

We are coming up on the last 2 weeks of school for Steve. He's in blissful ignorance of that now, though, as he plays games on the computer and watches movies, enjoying his 5 day weekend.

We celebrated Thanksgiving at our friend, Liz's, parent's friend's house. :) Despite the odd connection, the dinner and company were both great. Liz and I woke up early to slave away on the pies and rolls, and they turned out great! I used my Grandma Laurie's roll recipe, it is a family favorite, and miraculously what I produced tasted much like what I remember and love from thanksgivings at Grandma's. (I called her twice during the course of preparation to make sure I'd done things right. :) ) They were, of course, delicious.

Steve and I put up our tree today, and decorated it with our (or rather, my) decorations. Somehow, Steve's decorations from childhood did not make it down to NC.

As I unpacked our Christmas items, I unpacked my old pair of iceskates and had a little chuckle. It occurs to me as the season progresses that they probably don't have free ice skating rinks down here. No flooding of the baseball fields here, I presume, as there are no weeks or months of consistent below-freezing temperatures. Perhaps I'll bring my skates back to MN for Christmas and leave them there indefinitely. :)

The grass is still green, but on thanksgiving day (as if on cue) almost all the leaves fell to the ground. The flowers, however, are still blooming.

I hope this satisfies those who don't think I blog enough. :) Take care, wherever you're at, and keep in touch! Have a happy holiday!

-Laura (& Steve) M.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?