<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Church Search - Episode VIII b: Blacknall Memorial Pres. Church

This is Episode VIII b to compliment Episode VIII below. Steve and I again visted BMPC. This time we attended Sunday School as well as the service. As the service was commented on before, let me throw in our thoughts on Sunday School.

Music: 5 -- We could have done with out, but it allowed Steve to read the book that the discussion was on, and allowed Laura to eat some of her bagel, so not a bad thing.

Speaker: 8 -- He gave a down-right good talk on fasting, and the merits thereof, as well as the reasons and ways it is often misinterpreted, and reasons some Christians should not fast. (E.g. if you have an eating disorder, pretty much any "fasting" you do is likely to be turned into a bad thing, etc. Only he stated all this with much more depth and clarity.)

Obscure Connections to "Back Home": 9 -- This almost tops the "orthodox priest who was a friend of my grandparents back in Europe when he was a missionary on the same field as them" story. I spent much of the Sunday school hour sneaking looks at a girl across the room. She looked SOOOO familiar, but I couldn't place her. She introduced her friends as "friends from when we were in Minnesota," so I figured I had a good lead-in for conversation after the hour. I approached her casually, just in case she didn't recognize me, and asked her where abouts in MN she was from. She said, "Stillwater. And you're from Bayport. You're David's little sister." Well! There's that. Apparently my first year in high school, she was a senior, and was in a Bible study I occasionally attended. As soon as she told me her name, everything fit in place, and I remembered things we'd done together. Very nice.

Food: 4 -- an eclectic collection of leftovers from a holiday party (chips, cookies, etc.) and breakfast food like bagels.

All in all, a good time. I just wish it weren't so far away!


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?