<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, January 03, 2005

It's all History

A preliminary check on our stuff was done last night when we got back from MN (about 12 am). So far it doesn't look too bad (more info on that to come later, I'm sure) except for all my history notes. CWC from 5 semesters of TAing, my CWC class readings, Roman Civilization notes, etc. All gone, stinky and gone. (Well, not yet. I'm having a wake tonight, to have one last look at them before they're buried.) It hurts, you know, it really hurts. I can REPLACE books, I can't replace notes. And when you're a history major with a tiny memory, this loss is significant. These notes were going to help be the foundation for courses I would teach in the future.

Ouch.

Comments:
Ouch Laura! Big ouch! I know what you mean about those notes: I've got all my notes (and once I thought of it, handouts as well) that I could keep from all the classes I've had over the years. Definitely good stuff to keep around: I suppose there's no chance of putting up with the stink and maybe copying them quick? Or are they completely unreadable?

And if you guys do come back this next summer... we need to hang out more. One lunch wasn't much!

--Neal
 
Yucky. I'm sorry. :(

-Erin
 
Do you want copies of my notes? I know it isn't the same and we were often not even in the same classes - but I could totally do it.

10lees
 
Wow......that is so sad :(

I can't imagine losing notes like that.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?