<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, January 13, 2005

New Job(s?)
As some of you already know, in December it became obvious (for several reasons, none of which include the pitter-patter of little feet, thank you very much!) that I needed to find another place of employment. I am happy to announce that that search has been successful! Perhaps TOO successful.

Over Christmas break: Contacted job A, set up time for job interview for when I got back to NC.
Last week: Got called by job B requesting an interview. Set it up for this past Tuesday.
Last Friday: Job interview for potential job A. They wanted a second interview, so set it up for Tuesday before Job interview B.
Tuesday: Second interview for Job A in am. Go home for lunch to find out someone from place C has called, wants to set up an interview. Quickly contacted place C to set up an interview for tomorrow (Friday). Then dashed off to interview for job B. Come home to find out job A has recommended me for employment to their HR department, pending criminal check (which, of course, I'm terribly worried about. smile.) Then dash off to work to give my boss my two weeks notice.
Wend: Write job B to tell them I'd prefer working for them, but I had been recommended for employment elsewhere and wanted to know if I was still being considered for their job. Contact health offices at UNC to let them know I need to have a TB test for for job A, and set up a time for that.
Thursday: Job B writes back, say they like me, and could I please wait three business days before formally accepting another position so that their director can get back into town and meet with me. Set up interview for NEXT Tuesday before work. Job B also called my current place of employment to "check up on me." I answered the phone, which was a bit akward to me, though no one else seemed to care. My boss hopefully told them I'm a wonderful person. :) She already knew she was losing me. (I'd explained the "multiple job offers" thing to her a couple hours before they called, knowing job B wanted to talk to her.)
Friday: Tomorrow. We'll see what comes! A job interview in the wee hours of the morning, (with job C) and then off to work.

I'm struggling with deciding which job to take. B is DEFINATELY Steve's preference, because it puts me DEEP in the realm of "Acadamia," pays better, and offers me a coveted on-campus parking permit. (Worth its weight in gold in this town! Granted, stickers don't weigh much, but that's beside the point, because we don't have a lot of money, so even a little gold is quite valuable.) A, however, would have me gardening part of the time... mmmm... and C puts me in my field, which I guess would be a good thing eventually, but it means homework again. A & B also mean homework again, though, because as part of my benifits package I get a FREE CLASS a semester! No WAY I'd pass that up!

Well, keep me in your prayers! I'll let you know which one I choose (or chooses me) later next week!

Smiles to all my friends and family out there! The high here today was 74! (GLOAT!)
-Laura



Comments:
Can't say much since I have no idea what the jobs are, or what they entail. I'd recommend doing something that relates to your field, though it sounded like the first two were more fun, etc. Kinda depends on what your game plan is for next year, your future, etc.

--Neal
 
Don't forget to pray about it, too. :)
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?