<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 21, 2005

Wow! I went to school with a "star"!

So, I was watching Raising Helen with a friend Saturday, (good movie, by the way, nice chick flick) and discovered that a guy I went to school with (at Bethel) had lines in the movie! And a character name: Gary Hagelnick. (Now, if THAT'S not a star-studded name, what is?!) Quite a shocker! A Bethel alum on the "big screen"? For those of you who have seen the movie, Gary Hagelnick is the watercooler guy (aka the "every man"). Yeah, that's right. I knew the watercooler guy. Oh yeah. Now I'm two degrees away from Kate Hudson. And any of you Bethel people who knew Wes Horton (or, like me, saw him in the hall a couple times and once told him he had a good Russian accent... Ok, so I didn't really know him persay...) can claim to be two degrees as well. Turns out he's also in Princess Diaries 2. (Look hard for him in that one, he's a footman...)

Had anyone else (Bethel folk) out there seen the movie and noticed it was him?

Comments:
Oh big deal. I put the finishing polish on the floor of the glass walled garage seen in Ferris Beuler's day off.
 
Hey Laura,

Yep, I saw both movies a long time ago and I had to keep rewinding Raising Helen to show people. ha. His mom is the secretary at the nursing dept at Bethel (not very nice, but that's beside the point).

Carrie
 
(That would be my dad -- the floor polisher. It's amazing what sort of fame a college job will get you. :) )
 
he's also in Drop Dead Gorgeous as an extra
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?