<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

So this last Sunday was our First anniversary, a moment which we figured was worthy of celebration. What follows here is a rough account of our attempt to do just that:

First, we took a trip on Saturday out to Mt. Pilot State Park, which, when approaching from the south, looks like this:

Upon entering the park, we drove a ways up the mountain, putting great strain on the poor engine of our little saturn, which was made only for one kind of slope: downhill. Once we got there though, we did some hiking, and the trails were very cool, as we wound our way around the base of the cylindrical peak thing:

Eventually, we got to a place where we could (against the park rules) climb up onto a higher platform, which was about as high as you could get on this mountain without serious rock climbing gear, and got a great view, especially of the turkey vultures which were soaring around our heads, as shown in this video. Once we settled down up there, we celebrated properly:
[IMAGE REMOVED TO PROTECT THE EYES OF THE INNOCENT. YOU WILL NOW HAVE TO CLICK ON THE LINK TO SEE HOW WE CELEBRATED. ~L.M.]
My apologies to anyone who does not like to look at us kissing. Next we took a different trail which gave us a great view of the mountain, but not before waiting for a wedding to finish, which was taking place right in the middle of the trail we wanted to take:

After finishing up at this park we had much of the afternoon left, so we drove north into Virginia, and took the Blue Ridge Parkway south and East back into North Carolina, passing views such as this:

Once we started heading home, we got hungry, so we stopped in a town called Yadkinville at a place called "Little Richards" which specializes in traditional North Carolina barbecue (for you northerners, this does not really resemble anything you get by the name up there). So we each ordered a large serving of their best barbecued pork, cole slaw, hush puppies, and either tator tots or green beans. It was mighty good eatin:

Oh, and in case you can not tell in this picture, the sign really does say "Eat Mo Pig."

The following day, we got all dressed up, went to church, went shopping, rented a movie, and then went out to eat at Ted's Montana Grill (specializes in Buffalo steaks and burgers). We would have preferred the a local Brazilian Steakhouse, but it was closed. Here is us all dressed up, having just eaten a lot of buffalo/beef/potatoes/etc:

So that was our two-day celebration. Our mountain pictures can not measure up to Tim's, but hey, you go with what you can get.

Overall, after having been married a year, we both decided that marriage was a "good thing" and that we would remain married.

Comments:
Sorry. I removed a picture. I KNOW what my sister's response to seeing us kissing on our blog will be, and it won't be pretty. Li'l sis, I love you. :)

Exercising my right as webmaster,
-LM
 
Okay, I didn't QUITE remove it, I just made it so that you have to click on a link to view it. I figure that way it's safer. People don't like PDA, Steve. You, of all people, should know that. :) If you are one of the few who really wants to see us kissing, click away. :D
 
Heaven Sakes! I can't even show a picture of me kissing my wife? Crazy world. I am willing to be no one would mind, oh well, no more bickering online.
 
I am glad you two like marriage and are deciding to stay married!! That cracked me up, that and the 'eat mo pig' sign. It looks like you had fun! Congrats on making it a year!!

10lees
 
Ewwwwww! My eyes! ;)

I enjoyed the trip we took to the mountains when I was down there as well, so I'm glad you guys had more fun hiking. I wouldn't have worried about the kissing pic so much, heh, it's very safe and chaste.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?