<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Sweet (Brother's) Home Alabama
This blog is dedicated to all my most blissful siblings, its intent is (if you don't already live in Alabama) to make you wish you'd visited, and maybe encourage you to visit.

Steve and I are nearing the end of our two day stay on base. It's quite a nice gated community. Yesterday we met the newest member of "youngest bro"s family, and went to a static air display on base. There we saw an unmanned helicopter take off, a man sing for military idol, and got to climb around the aircraft little bro eventually wants to pilot, which looks something like this:

Only it wasn't in water. And it wasn't towing three men. (duh, "Static" air show...) AND we saw the Army Drill team perform (that was REALLY COOL) -- Here's a picture of them throwing guns. They did that a lot yesterday. It was kind of like synchronized swimming. Only not in water. And with guns that had blades on the end. So much cooler than synchro. (Even though as an ex synchro swimmer, I have to say synchro is cool. And harder to do than you'd expect. Kind of like throwing guns.)


The whole event felt alot like the state fair, only MUCH cooler.

Speaking of cool, it was in the mid 80's yesterday, and a beautiful (about) 75 and sunny today. Gotta love it that it's mid-October and it still feels like July. :)

Then we played Settlers of Catan (a game I very much recommend) and Risk (which I was in the run for winning until I got bored and sent all my men on a huge suicide mission). Finally we slept.

Today we went to a museum and looked at lots and lots and lots of really cool aircraft, like World War I planes, and WWII planes, and Korean War planes and helicopters and... well, you get the idea. It was SOOO fun to walk around! OOOH, and Laura made us really yummy creps for breakfast. mmm... And I called my husband by my brother's name about 50 bazillion times (100 bazillion if you count the "vica versa" of that). I'm sure my husband and brother did the same with their respective spouses, I just had a hard time catching them at it, though, as we share the same name (actually, she stole mine after I decided to give it up).

And then we went minigolfing, and on bumperboats with squirtguns attached to the front of them (we were SOAKED when all was said and done) and go-cart riding, and arcading. All in all a fun afternoon. I am now slightly burned and very happy. Off to play more board games! I LOVE FALL BREAK!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?