<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, December 21, 2005



Serenity came out on DVD yesterday

Steve and I watched it last night (got it from Blockbuster, didn't buy it, which I think is a good thing).
It was a fun movie, but no where NEAR as cool as Firefly, and Firefly (the T.V. series) sort of fizzled out at the end. I loved the first nine or so episodes, and then in the last few, it sort of died.

That said, I do still hope the TV series is revived. Steve assures me it probably won't be, but here's hoping.

My critique of the movie: The movie had a lot of extra special effects not in the TV show. That was cool. And River had some awesome moves. It was definiately entertaining, but the movie lacked in character development (most of which was done in the TV series) and the light-hearted humor in the face of danger, two things at which the TV show excelled. If I hadn't watched the TV show previously, I'm not sure I would have enjoyed the movie nearly as much.

That said, watch Firefly. It's worth it. And then, AFTER you've done that, watch Serenity, it's fun.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?