<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Silent Night
Last night after celebrating Christmas with my family, Steve and I enjoyed Christmas mass at the local (three blocks away) Catholic church. It was beautiful. Although not Catholic, there was something that just seemed "right" about worshiping with this community, with people I went to school with, friends I hadn't seen in years and students I had taught while teaching in the area. The mass was beautiful, uplifting, and just what I needed to put my worship where it belonged that Christmas Eve(ning).

Oh how beautiful, oh how holy.

Comments:
I always loved going to a traditional church at Christmas time, preferably a Lutheran Church so I could sing "Stille Nacht." It cracks me up how they publish all the German lyrics in the bulletin, then turn out all the lights, and expect you to sing it by memory. More incentive to return?
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?