<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Crazy things are happening here.

For those not in the know, (my non UNC friends) -- Breaking news from UNC. Steve was off campus during this time, so I was not afraid for him, but was shocked to hear this news. These two articles (one from the campus paper, one from the local paper) are worth reading.

From the campus paper

From the local paper

I'm anxious to talk to my police officer friend to find out more. For those too lazy to read, a driver of Iranian decent and alumnus of our grand institution, somehow found himself on the pedestrian sidewalk at campus, driving slowly. So to get off the pedestrian walk, he decided to accelerate through "the Pit" (the main outdoor hang out spot for students), hitting 9 and seriously injuring 6 of those before his rapid exit past the library.



Comments:
P.S. He was driving an SUV. One more reason why SUVs are evil.
 
Laura dear, I'm sorry to say that you give the gentleman too much room for credit. He drove through campus because he intended to hit people, and he rented an SUV hoping to do more damage. Then he announced that he may have a bomb in his apartment.
 
Kim,
I spoke somewhat tounge-in-cheek, hoping the articles would speak for themselves. To those who do not know, this act was done deliberately, to avenge muslim deaths throughout the world. From what we can tell, he acted on his own.
 
I saw it on CNN when during last weekend's tournament and was hoping Steve would be alright. Good that he is.
 
Sorry I overlooked the sarcasm, Laura. It's just that some sources (local news) are still calling it a "hit-and-run accident" and I'm not sure who actually believes it.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?