<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

BLISS!
Last weekend was GREAT! I spent it with my family (versions 0.1, 0.2, 4.0, and 4.1 and, of course, my favorite, version 3.1 -- I'm version 3.0) in the deep south, at least 4.5 hours away from the nearest Caribou.

I, of course, missed v. 1.0-1.4, v. 2.0-2.3 (2.3 is still in beta form), and my onliest biological sis, v. 5.0 -- But I was glad to see what family I could!

My favorite moment, besides chasing v. 4.D (D=dog) around the back yard, enjoying the absolutely PERFECT weather, was watching my sister-in-laws face when she saw her favorite drink from Caribou plopped in her lap, cool as the minute it was first made (because it WAS the minute it was first made) complete with whipped cream (courtesy of my brother) and caramel (courtesy of the nice guy at Caribou) -- Even though the nearest Caribou was 4.5 hours away! (5.5 if you include the time zone shift). All because of me (with a little help from Steve - v.3.1). Am I amazingly magical or what?



For the complete story, see here.











Now it's back to work. Two board meetings in one week. One tomorrow, one on Friday followed by a "non mandatory but highly encouraged" fancy board dinner. There should be a law against that (two board meetings in one week) you know? Plus one business meeting this morning that lasted three hours (but was IMMENSELY fun, as we were planning exciting seminars) and a seminar this weekend that is quite labor-intensive (aka, I wasn't supposed to be working it, but will be, because we need twice as many staff as we'd anticipated) all in a shortened work week, make for one VERY BUSY v.3.0. Add to that two papers and one presentation due next Tuesday (all for the same class -- there really should be a law against that, too!) and my side-job of tutoring, and ... well, I don't have time to blog. But my brain is fried, and v. 3.1 is going to be in the lab for at least the next hour, and I don't want to walk home alone, so I sit and type incoherently. I'm surprised you've read this far. This is my life. Husband's life isn't any better, actually is worse. But we'll both be done in two weeks, and on a honeymoon in a little over three. This makes things better. AHHH... honeymoon. How I long for thee. I miss v. 3.1. This weekend was really good, I got to spend a lot of time with him. Being stuck in the same small vehicle helps with that. We chatted, got caught up, and enjoyed discovering the meaning of life, the universe, and everything together, courtesy of a wonderful invention, the "book on tape."

More anon.

P.S. If you're a certain friend from up north whom I've known for almost 12 years (YIKES!! It's been THAT long?!) but haven't been able to connect with recently, I miss you. Call me when you get the chance.

Comments:
I'm so confused... re: versions... :S
 
And you're the librarian! Codes should come second-nature. :)

0.1 = dad
0.2 = mom

Direct siblings are numbered by the order they came, with a .0 after them to indicate they are, and always have been, my siblings. I am the third child, 3.0. Spouses get a 1 affixed to the end. Steve is 3.1. Children get a .2, .3, .4, etc. attached to them, in the order they arrived.

Not my best numbering work, but I was tired, and it has come to my attention that some folks don't want their names posted all over lots of blogs. So I code. :)
 
It was such a fun weekend! Thanks for coming!
<>< 4.1 :) Those are cute!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?