<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, April 05, 2006


So, why haven't I posted?

Here's why. My life is

HECTIC!!!

This picture depicts a representation of my life.
The phones represent competing demands.

Black phone 1: "Hippy commune." We're deciding who comes and stays next year. It's a crazy process. Plus the 5-6 hour commitment per week, can't really get rid of it.

Black phone 2: Work. Sort of required.

White phone 1: Class! Even though I dropped Russian, I'm still overwhelme with reading. I wouldn't be (the class isn't too hard) except I can't seem to find time to do it. If I didn't take the bus to work most days, I'd never get it done!

White phone 2: Katie* (*psudonym) a high school student who is home from school for a while, I tutor her in three subjects for an hour each subject each week. This means going to the school to pick up work, learn the work before I have to teach it, distribute and tutor on the work. It's not too bad, I'm learning lots aout Greek epics and French and stuff. It does take more than 3 hours a week, though, and I don't feel I'm THAT helpful. Today we did history as well. I was so excited... MY SUBJECT! MY SUBJECT!

Shoe phone: Things that I'd like to do, that mean more to me than the other phones. Things like throwing a baby shower for my friend (last weekend), entertaining my aunt and uncle (monday), making soup for a new mother (Steve's doing this as I speak, I'll begin on bread when he's done), and being more involved in church and community in general. Notice how the shoe phone is on the floor right now, and how I don't look happy? Yeah. That's because I want to throw all the other phones (except Katie, she's cool, and I do like work, and the commune isn't too bad) away, pick up the shoe phone, put it back on my foot, and go for a walk in the WAYY beautiful weather that we have down here. I fear I'll miss spring entirely at this rate. It's in its peak. Warm-ish, (light sweater in the morning, shorts by afternoon) sunny, and loads of flowers!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?