<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, June 08, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEVE!

Sunday is Steve's birthday, but we plan to spend that day eating pie with church folks. So today I did the UNTHINKABLE!

I SUPRISED him with a BIRTHDAY PARTY AT...

CHUCK E. CHEESE'S!

So, that's right, not only did I SURPRISE him (he had no idea until he saw the table with a bunch of people around it) I took him to the one place we were never allowed to go for birthdays. Chuck E. Cheese's. (Incidently, parents, no worries, I now understand why we never went there.)

He was in a crown, got cotton candy, all you can drink vanilla coke, was serenaded by the old mouse himself, got a cake, pizza, and 7 or 8 dollars worth of tokens to play with. It was a fun night. We won enough tickets with our tokens to buy sidewalk chalk. (I suppose that's expensive sidewalk chalk -- $14) AND, we got to spend the evening with seven fun friends who definately added to the experience. To top all, some close friends of ours who live "far away" made the extra trip to say hello.

Thanks, all. This was the bestest suprise I've accomplished, ever. (At a later date I'll tell you more about how I convinced Steve to drive to Chuck E Cheese's on a Thursday night... it's a great story.)

Smiles to all.

Comments:
Turned out to be more fun than I thought it would be! Alex has enough of a competitive streak that even in a place where he might be embarassed, give him a game to master and he's set for hours. Thanks for letting us celebrate with you!
 
Truly excellent party idea! Happy Birthday, Steve (and happy belated birthday to you, Laura!)
 
Brilliant thinking, Laura. :-)
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?