<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

EUREKA! A BELLY!

Over the last day or so I've slowly come to the realization that I have a belly. I've always had a "soft figure," but now it's an official belly. Like, one you could set a book on if you wanted to hold it up while you're reading. (Actually, that's kind of cool. I haven't tried using it for that yet. I should.) That realization that the belly is now a part of my being just happened again. I forget sometimes. I went to the fridge to grab some ginger ale, looked down, and "EUREKA! It's a BELLY!"

I'm very worried about this, because I have not yet told Mr. Boss Man, and don't particularity WANT to tell Mr. Boss Man, but know that I must tell Mr. Boss Man before he guesses, if things are to go smoothly. Now that I'm a third of the way through this whole adventure, it's about time to tell him. Of that I'm acutely aware. So, how much longer can I keep this a secret?

When I first discovered the belly yesterday, I asked a dear (and anonomous) friend if said friend thought I was showing yet. Friend said, "No, you just look like you gained weight." "So, I look fat?" "Yeah, but... no, because your face looks the same." "So, I look like I'm showing, then?" "Well... um..." "Have I ever looked this fat before?" "No, you look fatter now than you ever have before." Hearing this was, well, strangly comforting. At least I'm charting new territory.

Right. So, it's getting to be time. Wish me luck! In a week's time (or two, if I'm really chicken) Mr. Boss Man will know. And work may never be the same again.

A side note, I went out to eat with a couple of coworkers yesterday. One is particularly health-conscious. I wonder what he thought as I chowed down on the all-you-can-eat chips before my food (and after my food) came. He didn't touch the chips. Probably was thinking, "Look at what it did to this poor girl! She just keeps getting fatter! Does she realize it? Really, she should stop. Should I say something?" Meanwhile, I ignored his looks, and kept on eating. Yum. Corn chips. Yum, eating.

Comments:
Dear Laura,

Some men have learned never to ask a women if she is pregnant unless the actual baby has been sighted. Almost every guy over 30 has asked a women if she was pregnant only to get a cold stare or burning retort.

Knowing how much you like your boss. Let him sweat it out.

Enjoy

Dad
 
I like your Dad.

So I'm really commenting because of the eating thing -- you and Steve really ought to check out Sage restaurant in the Timberlyne shopping center, if it's still there. Turkish vegetarian yumminess! Go for lunch, though, 'cause dinners can be costly.
 
I remember this stage, too. The good (?) news is that it's much less obvious to everyone else than it is to you (and Steve)... Mr. Boss Man may not even register it for a while.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?