<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, August 17, 2006

STEVE FINISHES HIS FIELD PAPER -- TODAY!

This is the equivalent of a master's thesis, and has been the bane of our existence (okay, HIS existence, it really hasn't affected me except that I've made dinner more often lately) for the last two or three months. Yesterday I proof-read. It felt much like the one academic economics paper I read in undergrad. I enjoyed the introductory paragraphs. I grasped the lit review, I even understood the conclusion. The masses of pages (which, I dutifully read) of a mix of math and prose BETWEEN the intro/lit review and conclusion, however, were utterly incomprehensible. I could READ it, I could go line by line, I could even find a few places where Steve had left out a necessary conjunction or pronoun. That said, I could NOT understand it. It was like reading while riding in a van in the middle of the night, where streetlights pass only every couple of seconds to illuminate your page. You try to read straight through, as if you could, but the text only becomes clear (or understandable in my case) to you every couple of seconds. Then it goes dark again. In the end, because of the darkness, you end up loosing much of the argument altogether. For me, the dark parts tended to be the math. LOTS of Greek symbols. Ah yes, "honey, it's all Greek to me."


That said, it's now only a matter of hours away from being done! And then he MUST turn it in and walk away. We cross our fingers and hope for a "pass" after this, but the WORK is DONE!

THIS deserves a "woot." ... "WOOT." What the heck, let's be wild. TWO woots. "WOOT WOOT!"

GO STEVE!
-Your personal cheerleader.

Comments:
A big WAHOO from the Finks!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?