<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 23, 2006

AHHH!!! FALL BREAK!

I enjoyed spending this weekend with other UNC friends at the beach. (In NC "the beach," for you Minnesotans, refers to da big beach, the super long beach, aka the ocean.)

Pictures are below to make you jealous.

I had fun playing games, baking (I made three loaves of bread & a batch of cookies, all of which didn't make it more than an hour before being totally consumed), singing some good old fashion hymns, swimming (but not "too far out"), crocheting a baby blanket (until I ran out of yarn) chatting with friends, doing homework on the beach (no better place), reading Brother's Karamozov, and bird watching with my hubby. While going for a sunset swim, we had a flock of pelicans fly directly (I'm talking 2 feet) above our heads. BEAUTIFUL! (Hubby was elsewhere bird-watching and missed this.) We also discovered that everything written on Wikipedia about our gracious host (Dr. Brooks) is true. He'd never checked out his Wikipedia page, wasn't even sure he had one. Using the neighbor's wireless, we fact-checked. We're happy to say that, at least in this case, the site is right. We then discussed whether or not making it on Wikipedia was a worthy life goal. Thoughts?








Comments:
beautiful pictures... although not quite the gorgeous white sand that are at the beaches that I go too. ;) It's neat to see people that I recognize in the pictures! Im so glad I got to see you!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?