<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Solution to "shadow" 2a. (see below)
Thanks, Ten, for the nice reality check in regards to the weight "problem." That, combined with the solution outlined below, have eased anxiety. I can now dance around my living room again without feeling like a hippo.

SOLUTION to feeling really really super huge b/c of pregnancy:
Go to an event where lots of other pregnant women will be. Last night Steve and I did a walk through of the maternity ward. Of the half a dozen women there, I was by far the skinniest. One lady asked if I was even sure I was pregnant. :) I was, I think, the only women there in my second trimester, the rest of the women were due sometime between early November and early January. One woman looked EITHER like she was due two weeks ago, OR like she was about to pump out triplets. Neither was the case. She assured us her due date was not until the beginning of November, and that "it was like this with my first one, too." Her first one, the cute four year old red head with lots of questions, could have lead the tour by the time the evening was through. Another woman demonstrated to me how to know that I was REALLY big. "When you get to the point where you have to crane your neck around your belly to see the scale, THEN you'll know what it is to be big." She then demonstrated; it looked like quite the feat. I'm going to have to limber up so that I have the flexibility to do back-flips to read the scale in a few months. Then again, by that point, I don't think I'll want to read the scale anymore. :)

It was really nice to have an image of where the end of this whole pregnancy thing will take us. It was like seeing a big package wrapped up underneath the Christmas tree, and sneaking a peak and seeing that it's for you. Granted, the unwrapping of this particular present will be a little more painful than tearing off paper, but it'll be worth it. :) Steve and I both were impressed with the quality of the room. Steve eyed the loveseat when we walked in. "That's where you sleep" I joked. Turns out, I was right. BUT, it folds out into a very long couch, so Steve'll be comfy. They even will bring sheets, etc.

I'm a bit excited now. Not for the next three months, but for the month or so after that, yes. :)


Comments:
Maybe this will be another reality check on the weight gain thing: even the morbidly obese (which you are obviously not) are required to gain 20 pounds during pregnancy.

It's not weight. It's baby plus baby life support. That's different than weight.

(As with all things I say, write, or opine, if it doesn't help, delete it from your mental hard drive.)
 
Actually, that helps. Thanks Sarah. :)
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?