<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

She Doesn't Know Her Own Strength. (Or Does She?)

Yesterday we got to see our babe for the last time before the "big day." She definitely knows how to move her mouth, I think she has a Bliss forehead (we shall see), and her arms do still move and look to be properly formed.

That's about all I noticed before the world around me started changing.
First, I had the irrational desire to take a nap. Right there, in the doctor's office, with my face turned away from the excitement on the screen. "No." I said, "I want to take this time to LOOK at the baby! Not SLEEP!"
Next the room got rather warm. I seemed to be perspiring a bit more than usual. I took off my sweater.
Then I started to feel a bit nauseous, then a bit pale. My lower back hurt, so I asked if I couldn't bend my legs. I did. It helped a little, until she said she needed them down for a bit. All the symptoms returned.
About then I decided that something DEFINATELY wasn't right.

"I'm sorry, I don't feel too good. Can I sit up?" I did. Then I asked for the waste basket. Thankfully, I didn't need to use it. But I did start seeing stars against a black background. "I'm about to pass out." They had me lay on my left side. I felt nasty for the next three hours.

Turns out it's baby's fault. Steve's current theory is that she has toys in there, (that's how she's getting to be so brilliant, she's got a wireless palm pilot, she surfs the web, you know?) and that she didn't want us to find them or see how messy her room was (she'd just had time to sweep her toys under her back and was afraid we'd find them), and so she sat on a major vein until I started to pass out. That way she knew we'd go away and not discover her mess. Which begs the question, DOES she know her own strength? Steve thinks (and I tend to agree) that she probably read up on anatomy before the appointment, and knew just what vein to crush to make my world a little less fun.

I saw my Doctor today. She knows that my baby now knows the secret. She says I should, therefore, NEVER lie on my back. The babe can't use her super vein-crushing strength as effectively, I guess, if I'm lying on my left side. Good to know.

In the next couple of days I'll post the two pictures that were taken BEFORE I started passing out.

Until then, beware the babies. You never quite know their strength.


Comments:
Hi - I just read about your ultrasound mishap. I'm glad you're not spending much time on your back anymore.

I took some hot baths when T was in utero and it's not a good idea to do - did you know that - of course you did. I would take my pulse and say - wow - that's high!!! ;) Now you know why T's that way.

I pray you have a blessed pregnancy and that you enjoy every moment of it. I know that eating was my fave thing to do. 50# each time. :) And lost most of it. I think I'm trying to get there again. ;) But not pregnant.

God bless and name her Bevinne - varying spellings - Bevanne - Bevin - etc. I'm sure you won't ... :)

Sincerely,
T's Mom
 
Dear Laura and Steve,
Baby McMullen is so awesome!
Love,
Kim

PS. Your daughter will be even cooler than this kid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uysU7cTgk5c
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?