<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, March 02, 2007

Today's Successes:

1) I again fit into my "fat pants" (pants that are one size larger than my normal size, the ones I reserve for bloated days and Thanksgiving. :) ) This means only one size to lose! Amazing, considering how large I was two weeks and a day ago. This, combined with the fact that I've lost 25 lbs in the last 2 weeks, makes me wonder at my body's amazing shrinking capabilities. Why has she been holding out on me until now?! :) (The University had a contest over the months of Feb and March to see who could be the biggest "loser" -- weight-wise -- I was sorely tempted to enter, pregnant. I don't think they'd have taken me, but I think I could have won. :) )



2) I have a coffee maker! For some of my dear blog readers, this will come as a huge surprise. My folks are addicted to the sweet black brew, and supplied me not only with a machine, but with Caribou coffee to go into the machine. Just in time for sleepless nights!



3) I went until 6 am without waking Steve up for help with middle of the night feedings.



4) E smiled at me. I swear, she did. If grimaces aren't all attributed to "gas," I don't see why all smiles should be. This one, I will say, was NOT a gas smile. It was a "oh, hello mother, good morning." smile of recognition and peace.



5) (This one is yesterday's success, with hopes that I will succeed today in this area as well.) I wrote three thank you notes! Only about 1,000 left to go! Friends & family who have shown us support over the last month or so -- we do truly appreciate you. We will try to get you a card showing that appreciation as soon as possible.Oh, and because I'm realistic and having such problems with thank you notes, I know I will not get a birth announcement out to all my friends. (My new, realistic goal is to get it out to all my family, hopefully in the next month.) BUT, I do want to share the announcement with all of you. It was created by my amazing sister-in-law, Sasha, who lives a quarter of a world away. By copy and paste, here it is! Enjoy!




The world is not all about me. Here are some of the rest of my family's accomplishments:


Ella now is only one ounce shy of her birth weight. Her umbilical cord fell off yesterday. She can turn herself 1/4 of the way around all by herself, and has mastered (more or less) feedings. She has learned the joys of the swing, and allowed it to soothe her to sleep for the first time today (thanks Harpers, for lending us this!) She's also starting to sleep just a bit longer than before at night.


Steve managed to be a great new dad, support a healing wife, have a computer die on him, resurrect said computer (which took many many hours of labor) and prepare a presentation on his dissertation (which he presented this morning) all within a week's time, and with amazing patience and understanding (especially considering other bad news that he's recieved over the past week regarding his dissertation). I am truely amazed at my husband's tempermant and patience. He has blessed me.

Comments:
We got our announcement in the mail recently and its on our fridge :) Thanks!

You guys sound busy.


Take care!!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?