<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, October 27, 2007

E and the newly dangerous purple chair 

So, the popular baby seat, shown in the video below, has been the cause of death for some children (whose parents thought it was okay to use the seat as a booster chair or put it on a high table, something the packaging said was NOT an okay use of the product). Someone in my family reminded me not to use it in such a way. Not a problem, as my babe can now sit by herself and is no longer interested in the chair. That is, not USUALLY interested in the chair.

A couple of weekends ago, a friend (whose name shall ever remain in internet shadow) had family over, and asked us to sit for them for a couple of hours. So a four month old was in our house. Great times! Four month old used said purple chair (on the floor, of course!) and E was intrigued. E decided purple chair was important and a fun toy. Since she showed interested in purple chair, I put her back in it. Below is her videotaped reaction (and the telepathic thoughts she was sending me while she was there)




E's comments: Wow. This chair is okay, but not as cool as it looked. I can bounce but I ... can't... seem... to... get... out.... stupid purple thing in the middle keeps stopping me. Yep. Definately the purple thing. Is there a release mechanism on it? [pause, wait for the head to tilt] okay, so this is boring. Let's try again.... can't ... get... out...

Eventually I felt sorry for the poor doll and took her out. She is destined to be an engineer. The first thing she wanted to figure out after being released was how to fix the chair, make it more to her liking. See next video.





E's thoughts: okay, so the problem is this purple thing in the middle... doesn't seem to come off easily... let me get a closer look, examine it more... okay, now time for some serious thinking. Sorry, mom, can't talk right now. Must think. What better way to think seriously than to have all the blood in my body rush to my head... Like so... Okay. Now, great ideas have come to me. I will fix the chair... Again, I have deduced that the problem is this purple thing in the middle. It traps me somehow. I must chew it off in the middle of the night when the folks aren't looking. Or, could I remove these arm rests? That might do it. Yes, that's all it will take.

Comments:
Aidan figured out how to get out of his about a month or two ago...and I sold it the week before they became a danger! I can't believe that parents actually thought it was OK to place their children on tables in those things...crazy. By the way E is adorable, but I am sure you hear that all the time :o)
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?