<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

She WALKS 

It has been a while since we posted about the most important person in our lives. So, what's new in her world? Well, she walks! She's been doing it for a while. The reason you haven't heard of it sooner is simple. These things come gradually, I don't really know when I should announce.

Flash back to about four weeks ago. E take her first step and a half. L gets excited, S swears her to secrecy (practically), saying that if we tell people she tool her first step, they're going to think she can walk, which wasn't true. Not even close.

So we wait a couple of weeks, she still periodically takes a few steps. But she's up to three in a row. We are ecstatic (and fearful of Steve's dissertation progress -- productivity while at home has now plummeted).

Now she takes steps with a bit more confidence. Still, she only ventures out when her desired objective is (a) within perceivable reach and (b) something she REALLY REALLY wants (so, mommy, daddy, or the cell phone) BUT! She has taken a record EIGHT steps in a row now.

Can we count that as walking?

S says "meh." (and motions with his hand, "sort of")

Comments:
That's definitely walking. G took about 8 steps one day and 27 the next. Say goodbye to keeping her confined!
 
We want video !!
 
I say that it counts as walking. I want to see a video too!! I also would like your fudge recipe. It is very yummy (and has been devoured). :)
 
Oh, most definately she is walking!I would have said she was walking even sooner. I can't wait for Christmas to come, so I can see her.

Mom McMullen
 
Go E! I knew crawling was too mundane for you!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?