<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, January 31, 2008

AAAAARGGGG!!! 

E has learned that funny sounds from her parents is usually their attempt to get her to laugh. So, she returns the favor and makes a funny sound back at us, usually in the form of sticking out her tounge to give us raspberries.

This has backfired (for good) on us. Like when I managed to haul two big boxes, a baby, and her diaper bag up three flights of stairs to my apartment unassisted, keys dangling out of my mouth. At the top of the stairs, outside my apartment door, I released the boxes and reached for the keys to unlock the door. As soon as the keys were out of my mouth, I let out an exasperated breath, "puhbuppbppppphhhhhhh." E got a HUGE grin on her face, looked up at me to show that she got the joke, and let out her OWN raspberrry "blrrrrrrblrrrrrb" she said, with all the excitement she could muster.

Another example:
My husband has been getting frusturated or impatient (or both) at the job market as of late. Sometimes it borders on mad even. The stress of applying to thousands (or so it feels) of jobs, and then the wait game. He just wants it all to be done so that he could get back to finishing his dissertation (a prereq for employment, afterall). A low point in this frustrating process was earlier this week when he was found in the living room flailing his arms and legs and letting out a loud "AAARGGGG!!!!" -- At the flailing of the arms E (watching from her highchair perch) looked a little concerned. But as soon as the "AAAARGGG!!!" came out of daddy's mouth, she smiled. Suddenly she understood. She threw HER arms up and let out a soft squeel "ARRRR!!!!" as if to say "Ok, daddy. See? I'm playing now, too!"

Ah, the delights of little ones.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?