<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, January 05, 2008

"Sar-aa-a-a-ah, Sar-ah..." 

This morning
Bad 80s music playing in the background.
Happy baby standing in the pack and play
Dancing.

Flash-back to 20-some years ago.
"Hip" 80s music playing in the background.
Happy baby standing in the pack and play
Dancing.
After all, the musician was singing her name.

I thought of you this morning, Sarah.
I love you and miss you.
I can't believe you're getting married!
The pack-n-play baby has grown up.

Thanks for all the lessons you taught me.
Thanks to you, I've learned many things.
Like not to try to teach E algebra at age 8,
or she'll forever think x=3.

And that making up stories before bed is much more fun than
reading stories before bed.
And that if the lower bunk on the new bed is cooler
than the upper bunk on the old bed,
I can just make you think that you are privileged to get the upper bunk
and everyone is happy.

And, finally, you taught me
that the wisdom of a 12-year-old should never be overlooked.
You got me through many a bad day when I was a teen.
In many ways, you were wiser than I.

I love ya, sis!

Comments:
I love you too!!!!!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?