<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Ambitious Reader with a Blue Hat 

Today E decided it was high time she did some serious reading. After madly tearing as many books off the bookshelf as possible, she came up to me with Simple Gifts: Lessons in Living from a Shaker Village. Despite the riveting title, she found the book not to her liking when after flipping through, 20 pages at a time, she realized there were no pictures. After that she decided a shorter book was in order, and came up to me with Oedipus the King and Antigone. High quality literature indeed. Alas even my 4 sentence summaries of these plays were too long-winded for her, and before she found out whether or not Antigone and Ismene's brother gets buried, she was already diving into My Big Animal Book, with exclamations of "da-da" and pointing at what she thought was a dog.

Still, I am encouraged by my daughter's ambitious literary tastes, even if they were a little above her.

In other news, E found that one of our bowls made a very nice hat.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?