<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, June 26, 2008

I have the easy job now. AND! E talks! 

After a month or so of me packing and S not (so that S could write like a mad-man!) I have been relieved.

It began last night at 10 pm when my pregnant body could no longer keep up, and with only one room completely "done," I went to sleep. At around 12:45 am, S rolled into bed. I woke up to a "done"* house. With only an hour more of work, we were ready for the movers. I love my husband.

Now he is in our apartment, packing and moving all our worldly possessions in 90 degree temperature with three strangers. My job? Sitting in our neighbors' apartment, alternating between watching their adorable new kitten and E play, and just chillin' on their couch while the kitten and E nap. Oh, and I got lunch for the whole crew (except the cat, sorry oh kitten-with-too-many-names). Rough life, I tell you.

MANY MANY thanks to our neighbors!
(1) For lending us your apartment for the day
(2) For having an adorable kitten
(3) For having the A/C on
(4) For having Internet in your apartment.

E has LOVED playing with the kitten. At one point the kitten went hiding (can't blame her). E looked up at me, and shrugging her shoulders with her hands up in the cute way that only toddlers can, said "Whed she go?!" with all the right inflection. "I don't know!" I replied, and E was off looking for the kitten before it dawned on me .. Complete sentence. That was a complete sentence! My daughter SPEAKS IN COMPLETE SENTENCES! (Her first complete sentence was "hi daddy!" followed a few weeks later with "bye bye, NO!" ... but those two PALE in comparison to today's feat!) Wow. They grow up fast. Kittens and kids.

Wish I'd brought my camera. It's probably packed in box #89. Oh well.



*"Done" is in quotes because, as anyone who has moved knows, a house is never really DONE until you've moved stuff out and discovered all the junk underneath and behind furniture.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?