<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Home! 

We are home again. We enjoyed our time with our neices. I learned something about parenting, and E learned a lot about being a kid. Perhaps it has something to do with her age, but she seems to have blossomed over the last few days.

A week ago, she learned to scream. REAL GOOD screams. Like, little girl screams. That "advancement" I know I can attribute entirely to my youngest neice (the older ones also helped her learn, I'm sure). When we got to my nieces' house, I could distinguish between the youngest and mine by the type of cry. By the time we left, they were identical in pitch and volume.

She has also learned to speak much better. Perhaps it's just coincidence, timing, that this is the stage at which she picks up a lot verbally anyway. Or perhaps it has something to do with her strong desire to play with her cousins, and her observation that getting this "tounge-vocal chord-breath-lips" dance down was essential to that play. Either way, we have been impressed with what we have heard out of her mouth over the last few days.

Yesterday:
"It's time for your nap, E. Goodnight." (as we put her in her crib)
"Idonwanto!" (I don't want to) -- She said this as she shook her head in protest.

This morning:
"Where are your shoes, E?"
"Idonnow!" (I don't know) -- as she starts to look around for them, perplexed.

After lunch:
"Your hands are dirty, we should clean them!"
"Dey dit-ty." (They're dirty) -- She said this as she held out her hands for me to clean them, a first, as normally she hates having her hands and face washed after the meal. Then again, they were REALLY full of jam.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?