<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Today 

Today the movers moved our stuff in.
E spent her morning nap time standing up in her pack-n-play pointing in the general direction of the truck (she couldn't see it through the walls) and saying, "beep-beep!!"
"Yes, Ella, that's a truck. Now it's time to sleep."
"Be-beep-beep!" (pointing with excitement again)
"Yes, It's a big truck. Goodnight."
"Baby!" (Here she'd point to her toy box, recently brought in off the truck, and to her baby doll on top.)
... and on it went. She doesn't yet REALLY know the word for ceiling fan, but that doesn't stop her from pointing to IT as well, and making up new words for it each time, just to show she's excited about its presence.
Needless to say, not much sleeping was done until after the movers had left. She spent much of her awake time after the nap pointing at the truck and saying "beep beep," as well. The movers, as they pulled away, did honk their horn twice for E as a parting gift.

I took her out to our new back yard!!!!! (sorry a little excited over here) to play as the movers moved things in. "Daddy" (S) came out to see the chalk drawing. When he went back in the house, Ella said "bye bye, Daddy" then, looked over at me, sitting on the stoop next to her, and said, "daddy" looking and pointing back to where he had been. Then she turned to me and said, "beby" pointing to my belly and "titer" (sister). She then put her head down on my belly and gave it a big hug. "Baby." I think she's excited for the new addition. This is the first time I've heard her call the baby a "sister," so I warmed. And, just for the record new baby sister, your older sister loved you before she met you. :)

Now, off the internet and back to unpacking things!

Comments:
So cute! Thanks for giving us your moving adventure updates!
 
I love hearing your moving updates! I am glad you have a wonderful house, it sounds ideal.

So can you really not go shopping on Sundy - or did that USED to be a custom?

Send me your new address when you have a chance!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?