<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Bed rest 

I'm officially on (hopefully temporary) bed rest, as of 9 pm yesterday. My MD (as opposed to the family PhD) has declared this, so this time I follow the "doctor's" orders with a bit more vigilance. Besides, maybe if I'm REALLY REALLY good, my doctor will let me go off of bed rest and drive to/be in my sister's wedding in a couple of weeks.


I guess I have time to blog now.

Here are some pictures for y'all to enjoy.

E plays the mandolin and contemplates life.
Early July 2008

Thanks to S.R. for this suggestion! E has loved playing with bubbles on the back porch. She's made the most excellent bubble soup over the past few days. (Picture taken last week.)
This is from my last day of niece-sitting. We tried to weave palm branches together and decorate them with flowers like the Congolese do to welcome friends back from long trips. Unfortunately, we lacked palms. So we wove ferns together. We didn't QUITE finish the job before their Mom and Dad got back, but we got pretty close, and the sentiment was still felt.

Also from my last day niece-sitting. Ah, look! All the money I invested in Kirsten paraphernalia is paying off, for a second generation! (My niece's Molly doll inspired me to bring my doll and clothes out of hiding.)
On the way home from my bro's house we found ourselves on side roads to avoid terrible interstate traffic. Taking the road less-traveled really DOES make all the difference. We found our own park!




At first glance, the park didn't have much that was too cool. A few slides and swings, lots of camp sights, a small lake and woods. Still, E managed to find her prince.

That's it for now! Over the next few days, feel free to write or call. (Or if you happen to live in the area, feel free to drop in!) I will, I promise, not be occupied with other matters.

Comments:
We'll keep you and Baby M in our prayers--do you need reading material/suggestions?

For the 2 minutes that it will take you to read this, let me brag about N: he is holding his head up a lot, smiling and "talking" a whole lot, and loves to have his diaper changed (now a somewhat dangerous business since he tries to grab the washcloth we use to protect us)...thanks for passing the swing along, because he loves that, too!

Much love from the Gormans!
 
Welcome to the bed rest club! It's long, but it will be worth it. I just finished my fourth week of it. Our tour of the NICU was even more motivation for me to stay put and keep these babies in! Let's both shoot for September babies - that's my new goal!
s
 
Hope you are surviving on Bed Rest - that doesn't sound like fun at all! I will be praying for you both.

10lees
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?