<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, August 01, 2008

Blog musings because I have no friends here. 

I now subject you to random thoughts I've had over the past week, thoughts I've wanted to share with someone other than S, but alas, I have no friends.

THOUGHT 1:
I love living in a house. I feel so much more settled. And I like gardening. It looks like I didn't have a brown thumb after all, I just lacked proper sunlight in my CH apartments. We'll have raspberries and cucumbers and herbs, and I'll have had a part in helping them grow. We have beautiful flowers that are a bigger joy to me than I imagined.

THOUGHT 2:
I didn't realize I missed the fourth season, but I find myself getting really excited about having it back. An excuse to warm the house by baking bread and making hearty soups. I look forward to sitting in the living room, sunlight streaming in the windows, cold wind blowing outside while I crochet with my feet up, smelling my warm creation bake in the oven, watching ????? sleep on the floor while E naps in the next room.

YIKES! When did I become domestic? (Oh yes, that's right, when I got a house.)

THOUGHT 3:
I'm glad I'm pregnant now when I don't have friends to do fun stuff with. I got an invite from a listserve I was on in CH. Turns out some of my friends are kayaking tomorrow at a lake near by my old place. I want to go! But, alas, I'd probably not even fit in the boat. I also really want to go water skiing, biking (the weather here is PERFECT for it), on amusement park rides, and hosts of other things I shouldn't be doing while 8 months pregnant. So, it's good that I'm stuck being very pregnant the one summer I have no friends to do crazy things with.

THOUGHT 4:
I love the out doors. Especially in the north. The summers are PERFECT here. I'd forgotten that, being down south. I have been dreaming up loads of trips that my family will go on in a few years, once E and ? are old enough for that sort of thing. I want to go on canoing adventures in the boundary waters, pick wild blueberries and make blueberry pancakes over an open fire. I want to teach my youngsters how to make a good fire and hunt for fire wood, filter water at the side of a crystal clear, cool lake, etc. Now all I have to do is cure my husband of asthma.

I think those are my musings for now. D&S, I miss you and am glad you're coming home! See you in a week!

Comments:
We wish you could come kayaking too! Glad you are enjoying domesticity and cooler weather--another reason it's good to be in MI while pregnant in the summer.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?