<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The newest addition to our family! 

I got a new family member on Saturday! Welcome to the fam, J!



S's wedding was beautiful. I was so glad to be able to participate. The pregnancy did not cause me (m)any problem(s).



While watching three other bridal parties get photographed in the downtown area of our "home town," I decided that S's color scheme was the best.


She was also an amazingly beautiful bride.


In other news

We are now home. Saw my doc today, all looks well. She asked if we'd named our child yet. I said that we thought we had, but that the name was a secret until the birth. This was her second time asking, I think she forgot that she'd asked last time. That said, it's close enough, I'll give my family one clue. If in Cyrillic, two letters look/sound like their western counterparts (phonetically, not with crazy western spelling taken into account).


If you can guess it based on that, I'm truly impressed. My purpose is not so much to give away the name, as to get you to stop calling her by terribly wrong names.


For example, S, note that "Quagnus" only has one letter that sounds like its English counterpart -- and that's only if you stretch it. (The "s" at the end of the word would be a "c" in Russian... so looks like a "c" and sounds like a soft "c" "QU," on the other hand, would be "KB" which does look a little like English, but doesn't sound like it.) So, S, you can (please) stop calling her Quagnus. Thanks.


"Bella" almost fits the requirements, dad (just a funny looking B) so you may continue to refer to her as such. Don't be disappointed if her name is not Bella in the end, though.

Comments:
Glad you made it there and back with the baby still in utero. I'd love to chat sometime. E-mail me your phone number.
 
I'm impressed! Keep your baby cooking - NICU really sucks. You're almost past that point!!! Only a few more weeks!
s
 
Dang I wish I knew some more Cyrillic... I have no chance of getting anywhere close - but I have to admit I like the name Bella!

Glad your trip was safe and that you got to go.
 
It's okay, ten, you probably wouldn't guess it anyway. :) When she comes out and you hear the name, you can correct me on this if i'm wrong on this one, but, like "Eleanor," not many people name their kids this. In fact, I only know one other by this name that is our age. (there, another big clue as to what it is NOT?)
 
So far I have narrowed the cyrillic alphabet choices to A, B, K, M and O. My guess is Martha.

Can i have another hint?

--Liz
 
Sure...
It does not rank on Name Voyager (google "name voyager")'s list of names. As far as they are concerned, no one has ever had this name before. That said, I know for a fact this isn't true. (Otherwise where would I have come up with the name? I'm not THAT creative!)

There, THAT narrows the name down a TON, right? :)
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?