<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, August 08, 2008

Okay, definately on bed rest 

Stats:
Four hours of uncontrolled labor (plus some).
Three hours in the hospital.
Two shots to develop the baby's lungs quickly.
One pill taken every six hours to stop/relieve the contractions.
Zero babies born.

Life is still good.

Sixteen hours later, contractions are still happening, but the pill seems to be doing its job of keeping them light. Still too frequent for my comfort.

Gratefully I am not hospital-bound.

Unfortunately, I think I may be home-bound. It appears no bed rest on the road for me. (Still holding out hope that I can leave later and still make the wedding, though.)

Thankfully, although I know relatively few people here, the ones I do know (or know of) are quite supportive. I think, LN, that your parents are bringing me dinner. It brings tears. I've never even met them before. And the one who should be getting all the lime-light, the dear bride-to-be, is also more supportive than I could have imagined. That brought more tears. If things don't work out, I'm really going to miss you next weekend, sis.

Thanks for your prayers.

Comments:
We'll be praying!
 
I wish we could be there or do something for you! Our prayers and lots of love--evkh
 
I'm so glad you all and my parents got connected - they're in the business of adopting people, and caring for people they might not know (yet) is their speciality!
 
Are you now a fellow procardia addict? :)
Sarah
 
I AM now a fellow addict. I have come to have a deep appreciation for the drug.

Laura on the drug: "Oh dear, another small contraction. Best lay down. That's my third one today."

Laura off the drug (or if Laura forgets to take the drug on time):
SHOOT! That's the third contraction in 25 minutes! And I haven't even got off this couch. Slow down, baby! Should I start timing?...

Granted, pill or no pill, I've learned that in bed = relatively few contractions, and out of bed basically guarantees some will come back.

So, any knitting requests?
 
Well, since I don't knit, I'd take anything:) I hope that it works for you for awhile. It worked for me for a week before I went back in. I guess my body outsmarted the drug. Day by day.....maybe our babies will be born on the same day:)
s
 
Arg! That's not what I wanted to hear! I wanted to tell you it was a miracle drug and would stop contractions from now until when I went off of it. :(

Oh well. I've got a ton of cute ideas of things I want to crochet for you, my brother David's new baby (they're expecting in December) and my brother Nait's new baby (expecting in October, around your original due date), as well as a few other friends...
my problem now is that I have no yarn! I need cute yarn! And Steve says he isn't sure he's up to the task. Maybe on my way home from the next doctor's appointment he'll let me step into a store... Think yarn stores have wheel chairs? Yeah, you're right, fat chance.
 
I'll be praying for you and the little one! I hope you are doing well and surviving, I can't imagine how hard it would be with Ella in the house.

Can you send me your new address? I'll email you to remind you too.. :-)

10lees
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?