<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Coffee shops 

I went through a stage of this pregnancy where the very THOUGHT of coffee had me nauseous.

No more.

With S waking up earlier and earlier (and thus E waking up earlier and earlier, forcing ME out of bed), and knowing what sleeplessness awaits me, I'm in the mood for a good coffee shop.

Not just a joint to get my caffeine fix, but a sort of "sit and lounge with us for a while" place. Preferably with high chairs, and an extra bonus if it's got a children's play area -- you know, chalk board, etc, so that I can sit and read a news paper (we have no T.V. so I feel very out of it) while E plays and ? sits at my feet and sleeps.

Basically, I want my old work to have a branch here. Just for me. Good coffee, good socializing, a little bit of "Cheers" atmosphere.

But I can't even find the "sell out" version in town. Despite the fact that our friend is turning his breakfast nook INTO the "sell out" store, and I SHOULD be over this bias by now, I just can't bring myself to ... drinking... coffee... there. No Seattle stores for me! Give me a good Minnesotan chain or no chain at all!!! (Actually, I prefer no chain at all... if you can give me a good coffee shop with people who know what they're doing, and a good atmosphere.)

The only one I've found is at S's workplace. Convenient for college students, not set up for me to lounge with my two babies.

So, if you're from this town, if you know anything at ALL about local shops, let me know: where can I get my "fix"?

Comments:
I feel your pain of not having a good coffee shop... we have THE OTHER coffee shop here... but also being from Minnesota, its so hard to drink anything there. Plus its just hard to find something good there.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?