<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Pointless musings over trivial matters 

Last year I had T.V.

This year I don't. Our T.V. exists, but even with a huge antenna, it gets zero stations. And I'm not willing to pay for cable.

There was only one silver lining, that I could find, to all the pre-term labor I've been having. The triage rooms have cable. Each time I went into the hospital, I caught snippits of what was going on in the world. I got to see portions of the olympics, some news stuff, etc.

Now we're past that stage (THANKFULLY!). My doc says that if I go into labor, even though it'd be early, they'd let nature take its course. So, I don't have to rush into the hospital every time I have "regular" contractions.

Of course, this means no more T.V. I'm not sad about this, I don't really like watching TV much. That said, I do have two T.V. shows that I was addicted to last year, and a part of me kind of hopes I end up being in the hospital for their season openings this year. One of these shows opens on the 18th of this month, the other on the 22nd. I am "full term" on the 22nd, so either date would be relatively safe to deliver.

So, do we have a deal, li'l Mc? You can come on the 17th, 18th, 21st, or 22nd. You could even come on the 23rd or 19th, but please make sure that the water breaks BUT no painful contractions occur the evening before you come. No hard labor until after the show is over. Thanks.

Comments:
Hey -- if you get a digital converter (assuming you have an older TV) I think your reception will improve bunches. (That's my understanding, anyway.) The gov't will even give you $40 toward the purchase -- go here: https://www.dtv2009.gov/ .
Hugs!
 
I don't think it'll work because our stations here haven't even switched over to a digital converter.
 
They'll switch in Feb 09, which is pretty soon and probably the first time that you'll surface from having a new baby and a toddler. I hope little Mc agrees to your terms!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?