<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, November 24, 2008

Today and door-to-door salesmen 

Oh, what a glorious and busy day today!
1- I visited a child care place that I really like that is really close to work, and signed the kiddos up! I'm trying not to think about what I will now make per hour post-childcare and post-taxes. I just hope I really really like the job!!
2- When we left the daycare, we realized something magical had happened while we were inside. LOTS OF SNOW!!! It didn't look like autumn anymore!
3- On the way home stopped off and ordered our Thanksgiving pie. Gonna do that part the easy way this year. While at the pie store, bought a coffee and a fruit bar. E consumed half the fruit bar, I enjoyed the coffee, and K slept while more snow piled up outside. Left the store and had to brush sticky snow off the car before going home.
4- Fed the oldest and put her to bed, drove off with the youngest to buy a turkey and a snow shovel. (No worries about the oldest, daddy was home with a nasty bug, so she was in good company. Did you think I'd leave her alone? :))
5- Got home just in time for E to get up from her nap, get her snowsuit on, and join me as I used the newly acquired snow shovel to plow a path through the two to three inches on our driveway and sidewalk. E didn't last long outside, but I found it invigorating (caffeine probably helped) so I also shoveled our neighbor's walk. I was about to turn around and come home when HIS neighbor came out to shovel, mentioning how he didn't want to do it but was stuck with it because his boys were sick. Well, I haven't shoveled in years, so while he went to get his shovel (all he could find was a large shovel for gardening) I got half his walk done. I finished his walk as he started his drive, and we chatted about the sunny south. Apparently he's lived in my former state as well, so he understood my new enthusiasm for snow shoveling (but assured me it would quickly get old -- I don't doubt it).
6- Progressed the laundry. Washed K's sheets. She's been spitting up a lot lately (I think it's a phase) so they REALLY needed it!
7- Got the house cleaned for my family, coming in to town tomorrow!


On a side note, door-to-door sales men. I didn't think they still existed. But they DO! We've had three stop by since we moved in. One just dropped by a few minutes ago. Have y'all ever (this year) encountered one?

Comments:
What were they selling?

We've had more door-to-door evangelists than anything else. But we've also had door-to-door kids raising money for a good cause, door-to-door landscapers drumming up business, door-to-door politician drumming up votes, and door-to-door "are you going to eat all of that?" (aka people wanting our fruit). Plus a couple of people who might have been selling something, but I'll never know, since we didn't get any farther than "sorry, I don't speak Spanish."

Whatever the reason, I've had the doorbell here ring unexpectedly more times in the past 10 months than at my previous four residences combined.
 
How do you do it? (Get so much done with two little ones, I mean.) I need your secrets! :-)
 
My door to door salesmen are the children in my neighborhood, they try to sell all sorts of things, but I don't mind them too much. I actually get more missionaries (JW, Mormons, Seventh Day Adventists) than regular old salesmen.

Hope you enjoy the neighborliness, it sounds like a wonderful place to live!

10lees
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?