<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, December 22, 2008

Short snapshots of our week. 

S was grading final exams today. "Argg!!! These people do not know the difference between long run and short run! [he looks down at his toddler] E, give me two decent policies that you would propose that would result in long-run economic growth."

E, without missing a beat, claped her hands together with great excitement, and started running to the next room.

"Honey, I think all she heard in that was 'long run.'" Apparently, for E, a "long run" means "into the next room."

Brilliant. Steve gave her half a point for cuteness.


------------------------------------------


K was on the floor this morning, having her "play time" (also known as "MOMMY TORTURES ME BY PUTTING ME ON MY TUMMY!" time.) K generally spends this time talking to us, letting us know that this is hard work, but not crying, as she reaches for her toys or arches her back so that her feet and arms are no longer on the floor.

This morning I slipped into the bathroom to brush my teeth. Shortly after I did, I heard her vocalizations suddenly go from babbling conversation to a suprised cry. When I ran out into the livingroom, there she was, face up, staring at the ceiling with a concerned look on her face. "Mommy, how did this happen?!"

"GOOD JOB!!!" I said, "You TURNED OVER!!"

When Daddy, too, came in the room and showered praise on her for the new feat accomplished, she looked a little less concerned, and gave us great big, baby-proud smiles.

-------------------------------------------------

K is, indeed, growing up fast. She turned 3 months on Saturday. In addition to the "rolling over" milestone, she has recently reached another wonderful milestone. Last night she slept from 7:30 pm until 5:45 am. That's right, folks, over 10 hours!! She woke up briefly at 4:30, but decided all she wanted was a pacifier. AHHHH... there's a LIGHT at the end of the tunnel!

-----------------------------------------------

Since finishing the semester, we have had fun spending time with family. Last night we had a birthday party for my brother. I got to meet my new neice and nephew. We now have many cute pictures of the three little ones together. Pictures to come, I am sure!

E was very cute (as always) as we drove to see family. Instead of "Are we there yet?" (which, mercifully, she doesn't know how to say) she'd periodically say "All done" in English and ASL (in English it's "Ah-dah" so the ASL helps for clarification). When she realized that that was NOT getting her out of the car, she tried a new tactic. She clapped her hands together, said "Eyyie, Annah, Eyyie, yeah!" (Translation: "I'm excited to see my cousins, Ellie and Hannah, and I know that we're on our way to visit them now, and we'll be there soon, right mom?") Then she said "Ya-ta!" and threw her hands up in the air (translation: "My parents have been watching and quoting _Heroes_ too much, and so now I've picked up how to say 'I did it' in Japanese") and then clapped her hands together again and said "did it!" (Translation: "Just in case you don't know Japanese, I meant 'all done, we did it!'"). She put the icing on the cake by then granting me the LARGEST grin she could muster.

"No, E... We aren't there yet. Sorry."

Poor, patient, little girl.

Comments:
That is so cute that you quote Heroes so much she knows Ya-Ta and what it means in English!!

Can't wait for the cute pictures!

10lees
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?