<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Great days 

Yesterday was a good day. I found out that not one, but two of my friends will be interviewing at my place of employment over the next month. I love the idea of both of them finding employment in our little community. On the family end -- K sat by herself for the first time (for several seconds only, but still, it's a new date for her baby book) and E used the potty sucessfully!

Funny story about E -- we've been talking about the potty a lot over the past few months. She can recite to you (with lots of baby babble and "uh-huhs") a huge monologue about how one uses the potty. We've practiced a lot. This weekend I even showed her how her baby doll goes potty. (now that's become part of her monologue, too.) I'm encouraging this mostly because I know daycare is putting her on the toilet a couple times a day at minimum, so I thought I'd work with her at home, too. But I don't have huge expectations. I figure I'll wait for the push in training until this summer.

But last night she went!! As soon as she was done, I didn't get any cheers or "mommy, I diddit" like I expected. Instead, she calmly stood up an opened the lid to the adult potty, because she knew that was the next step -- dump it in the adult potty.

A serious one, this little girl.

p.s. congrats, K! You've made it 4 months!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?