<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, January 12, 2009

Sick child 

E stayed home sick today. S took the first half of the day with her, I took the second. Since we know she has a high probability of having been exposed to strep, I took her in to the doctors in the afternoon.

Before visiting the doctors, we had pizza for lunch. I only mention it because E's way of saying "pizza" ("Pee-dah!") is so cute. And she was SOOO excited about the treat. When I first mentioned going to the doctors, she nodded her head, like she knew it was a good thing to do, and then, with loads of seriousness, looked down at her thumb and started jabbering away about something.

It took me a second to remember that last time we went to the doctor, E had had a lead test done. In order to do the lead test, they had to prick her thumb and drop blood onto five round circles. She had done really well despite the ordeal. She hadn't cried and barely winced at it all. Apparently she remembered, and was telling me all about it. I assured her there would be no thumb-sticking today.

When we got home (she has an ear infection, again), I mentioned that now it might be time for a second nap (she napped two hours in the morning). Before I was done hanging up the coats, she was gone from sight. I assumed she'd gone to her room or the livingroom to play. When I walked into her room, however, she was not playing but instead busy trying to climb (and for a one year old, it really is "climb") into her bed. Apparently she was ready for that nap.

Comments:
Poor E! N had his first illness (also an ear infection) this weekend--mostly just stuffed up and probably harder for us to watch than for him, since he's been cheerful the whole time!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?