<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

New House 

Quick update for those keeping tabs (at this point, it seems like "keeping tabs" is about all we have time for. We apologize and hope to emerge from this soon).

  1. We have moved into a new house. Thanks to the generousity of near-strangers, we have clean windows. Thanks to my parents and friends in town, much of our stuff is in the new house and the new house is mostly operational. Thanks to the good folks in the Sears appliance section, we have ways to cool and cook food.
  2. Steve is going to his first professional conference this weekend. Bonus that it is in a town where a grad school friend resides, so he'll (hopefully) get to see her while he's there and pass along our greetings.
  3. When Steve gets back, we have approximately one day to complete cleaning in our old house before it goes up for show (the sooner it's rented, the less double-payments we make!)
  4. Then the next day, I get my tonsils out. I am going to stop blogging now so that I can do research on adult recovery times and what to expect. I hear usually one is out for two weeks, ten days for the really tough. That's convenient, since ten days after they're taken out, we'll be "back home" for a wedding. I hope I'm really tough, or I won't be able to eat any of the yummy goodies my in-law is making!! (Or read the scripture in the service -- yikes!)


Comments:
Whoa...it's crazy the wedding is coming that soon! I'll look forward to saying hello to y'all (and meeting E and K!). :-)
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?