<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, May 01, 2009

Put together. 

My sister-in-law (Steve's sister) gets married tomorrow. I'm very excited. We drove up to her home town a couple of days ago for the wedding. Or, should I say, STEVE drove up a couple of days ago for the wedding. I'm a little too doped up to do driving.

Yesterday all the girls in the party went out for manicures, pedicures, and dinner out. Ahh... pretty nails. Granted, by the time dinner rolled around, my meds had worn off enough and I was worn down enough that I was barely able to eat and not at all able to talk. But I did VERY much enjoy my time with the girls, and was even able to hold conversation fairly well during the spa time. So, I must be improving a little.

While out, one of the ladies mentioned that she regularly reads this blog, as a reminder to herself about how good she really has it. (Sorry, friend, I forgot what your words exactly were.) When she was 7 months pregnant complaining about heartburn, all she had to do was look at my blog and see how I was on bed rest at the same time and, whala! Life suddenly didn't seem so bad. Frankly, I don't think my life has been THAT bad over the last year. Hard, yes. But I've been blessed with a wonderful husband and two adorable daughters and job security that is to be envied in these times, so really, what more could I ask for?

That said, it is about time that things get a little less exciting for our household. I feel that things are starting to come together.

Today K and I went out with my brother's wife and youngest daughter. I coerced her into going dress shopping with me to get a dress for the wedding. (After all, I couldn't go out myself due to pesky restrictions on driving while on narcotics, or some such thing. Silly). We quickly (because she had to get back to work) picked out a cute black-and-white dress and some bangles -- earrings and a necklace -- to go with it. I got home and was exhausted. Still not better. So I rested.

When I got up, I took a shower, put on a black dress (not the one for tomorrow's wedding, but my "back up" in case we hadn't had time to shop) as well as the bangles I purchased today. Clean, nails professionally painted, hair cut short and cute (oh, yeah, I cut 7 inches off my hair a few weeks ago) and cute black dress on. Steve came in and said "you haven't looked that good in a while." "In what sense?" I asked (health, prettiness, etc?) "All of it. You look like you're feeling better, and you look actually PUT together." "Yeah, it's been a while, hasn't it?" I said.

And indeed, it has been a while. It feels nice.

Comments:
I'd love to see a picture of the put together Laura. haha :-)
 
Me too!! Post some pictures, Laura. Actually, I wouldn't have lots to compare it to, since I haven't seen you during any of your frazzled days/months/years(?), but it'd be fun to see a picture of you all dressed up, cuz those are fun times. I read your blog because I enjoy the pictures of life for you and am able to pray for you easier when I know what's happening for you. I really enjoyed the pictures of your family enjoying things about your new house. Enjoy the wedding and post some pictures, ok?! Miss you.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?