<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, September 06, 2009

Teeth and pox 

K discovered yesterday that one should not gum on one's lower lip once one gets teeth. She was sitting in her high chair eatting when, out of the blue, she started screaming and a little blood appeared on her lip. In case there was any doubt before -- yep, K's lower two teeth are in.

Also discovered yesterday: the chicken pox. All over K's torso, legs, and arms. The case is not confirmed yet, but I've no doubt that's what it is. E got vaccinated for it when she was 1. We're about to discover how well the new vaccine works. I think K will be clear of symptoms by her first birthday. (Here's hoping). And, needless to say, looks like she WON'T be getting the vaccine.

-----------------------

I'm officially an "avid knitter" (I'd say "knitter/crocheter") as evidenced by the three projects littering my living room chairs, and the fourth project stuffed into my bottom drawer at work for "spare moments" like lunch break, or when my computer needs a reboot.

I'm really excited about one of the projects. For Christmas this year I'm attempting something I've never done before. I was inspired by my avid knitter friend in KS, whose attempt at the same project proved quite successful (almost too successful, I'd say, based on the amout of requests she recieved for said item after she completed it). I spent way too much on yarn, and just the right amount on buying the pattern (I'm happy to support those who designed it) and am spending almost every spare moment on it. Wahoo. Who is it for? What is it like? Does it involve "felting" or any other cool knitting technique? Is it even knitted or is it crocheted? ... These questions will not be answered for another three and a half months. But I am excited to see how it turns out. (Some of you, based on my cryptic hints, the ghastly colored yarn littering my living room, and your own faithful reading of KS knitter's blog, may already KNOW what this project is -- but please, keep it on the "d-l.")







Comments:
Oooo, Oooo, I know!!! Fun, fun, fun! I feel so educated and connected through this little blogging world of ours :)
 
So glad you're back! I've missed reading updates on y'all.
 
Hey Laura! Check w/ your ped. about the chickenpox vaccine, just in case it has any benefits for those who get it at as young an age as K. My sister got chickenpox as an infant, but the immunity didn't "take" (hers was a mild case, though...). Anyway, she then got shingles when she was 5 or 6...I don't know all the dynamics, but wanted to mention it. Hope you are all well, aside from childhood illnesses!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?