<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, November 13, 2009

Language explosion 

Two days ago I went to pick my youngest daughter up from day care. She is 13 months old.

As soon as she saw me, as usual, she got a huge grin on her face.
"Hi!" I said.
"'Ow-r-ew" she said.
"How are you?!" I asked.
She got a huge smile on her face as if to say "yahoo! you understood me!" and said "yah."

"Did she just say 'how are you?'" I asked her teacher, Kelly.
"Sounded like it to me," she said.

Woah.

Today, in addition to calling her dinner by name ("be" she said, pointing to a bean), she also picked up a few other words ("Mimi," among others) -- and she wasn't even repeating me!

----------------------------
Here's tonight's story:
I was watching her play in her toy room. She had a toy hot dog in her mouth.
"Do you like the hot dog, K?"
"ummy" she said.

No kidding. Yummy."

"Wow. Are you talking now?" I asked her.
"eee-up" she said, nodding.

And then she got a smile on her face and shook her head in baby disbelief. ["silly adults. what crazy questions they ask. of course I'm talking, can't she hear it? seriously."]
-------------------------

Ah, yet another family member to be proud of! Go, Mimi, go!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?