<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Indoctrination 

Steve is doing one tutorial this semester. Every Thursday he gets together with a guy named K- at noon and discusses public finance for an hour.

Today Steve decided to try to squeeze a flu shot in before hand. "It's okay" said I (munching on my lunch) "I'll just hang out in your office, and if K shows up, I'll tell him you'll be right back and give you a call so you know he's here."

K showed up punctually at noon. He looked around the office for Steve. "He'll be right back," I said.

"Oh, okay," said K, "I'll just get the tea started, then."

... "the tea started" ...

As the impressionable young undergrad walked off with the hot pot to get new water, I thought, "Wow, Steve, you've done your job."

Steve later informed me that, since beginning his tutorial, K has not only become a tea drinker himself -- well versed in the differences between white, green, black, and oolong -- K has ALSO introduced all his housemates to the joys of tea.

That's right. Somewhere in this fine town, a group of four or so underclass men are discussing the finer points of tea drinking. K informs Steve that soon they will purchase a house tea pot so that they can brew their tea together each day.

I'm so proud.




Comments:
oh-my-gosh... this made me laugh!

Go Steve go!

-Dot
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?